Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cleaning my new granite counters

Q: How do I keep my new granite counter clean?



My tile and granite folks, John and Theresa at Johnny Tile, recommend Dupont's series of stone and tile cleaners and sealers, specifically their Dupont StoneTech Professional Revitalizer Cleaner and Protector spray.  The key to a good stone and tile cleaner is that it does the job without having pH levels that will etch or otherwise damage your stone surface.  This product not only meets that criteria, but also reinforces the protection of your counter and tile with it's built in sealer.  And as an added bonus, it's citrus scented!  I am sure there are many other fine products out there (send me a note if you've found something amazing), but here's a place to start.  I've found it at Pental Granite and Marble in Seattle and on Amazon.com.

2 comments:

  1. Granite countertops give you an advantage over other kitchen counters and make your home very valuable.

    Granite Countertop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I also have problems with stains.

    J. Harp
    writer @ Interior Design Pro

    ReplyDelete